Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Paddle in the Amazon





I spent my Easter holiday with my 3 friends Jenn, Tara and Caroline. We flew to Leticia, Colombia. Leticia is a town of about 20,000 located on the main stream of the Amazon where the borders of Colombia, Peru and Brazil meet. From there we took a boat 4 hours down river into a tributary of the Amazon called the Javari. We stayed at a nature reserve in Brazil for the week. It was great! We hiked, swam, hunted cayman, ate piranahs and slept 40 meters up in a tree in the jungle. The motto of the trip was don't look for the party, BE the party and I think we followed through... for some reason we became the enertainment for the other guests on a regular basis.

I celebrated my 30th birthday while we were there. It was great. We took a boat to a lagoon and at night, climbed 40mts up into the canopy and then took a zip line across the lagoon to the other platform and spent the night. Definitely a memorable experience.

1 comment:

Ranma said...

Nice trip! I went there a couple of years ago and it was incredible, is the kind of experience you will always remember. The same with our trip to Ciudad perdida last year; it was great getting to know you girls (Jenn and you).

Hope to see you again soon!