Friday, January 27, 2006

Christmas in Cartagena




For Christmas this year I went to meet my parents for a week in Cartagena. I even brought along Fabian so my parents could meet him. We had the best time!!We lazed on the beach, ate the most amazing meals and even visited a mud volcano!

Cartagena ia a UNESCO World Heritage site and the Old City is beautiful. It is filled with tiny streets and beautiful painted houses. The resaurants are the best part. They are everywhere and the food is incredible.

Fabian got a chance to practice lots of English! My dad helped him out amplifying his vocabulary with pratical words like drowsy! Thanks Dad!

It was a great time and I think my parents enjoyed escaping winter so much that they are already planning next year's trip.

1 comment:

justin said...

Sounds like an awesome way to spend the holiday Shan. I was clos(er) to your neighourhood earlier this month. My friend Lena got married on the Pacific coast of Mexico in Oaxaca state. I can understand why your parents enjoyed themselves so much (besides the fact that they got to see you). :)